Thursday 1 November 2012

I bumped into one of my old students yesterday, she was always someone I admired amd liked. She worked so hard and was told by someone that she would not achieve her degree. She achieved it and is running a successful young peoples counselling service. How lovely to see her and share in her wonderful success. She said that I helped her so much. I believed she could do it, and I encouraged her thus, and also gave her support and help where she needed it along the way. She is the third old student I have had say that to me, that I helped them so much and if it wasn't for me they may have given up. I have the gift of encouragement, I am so lucky to have it for it brings lovely rewards. I miss working with students, not teaching them, but the support and encouragement side of that role.

No comments:

Post a Comment